Thursday, September 9, 2010

back to abbi and the beach :)

i've made it back now to our little house on beach. an uneventful trip minus the car accident on the way to the airport in quito...


i checked out of the hostle at 11am after saying good bye to julie and the staff. i flagged a taxi and was on my way.

the car pulled up to the lights at a busy intersection and i watched the motorcycle in front of us swerve into the next lane right in front of us. it had 2 small children balanced on the back seat. my taxi driver hit the brakes to give them some room and then BAM! we got smashed hard from behind. the car hit us so i hard that at first i didnt realized what had happened. i sat in the back seat and watched the scene unfold in front of me in slow motion. i think my neck and head got whipped around so fast and hard that it took me a minute or two to clue into what was going on. all of a sudden i snapped out of mini shock and opened to window to hear what was happening.

thankfully the children on the back of the motorcycle we fine and the only damage was to my taxi. the 2 drivers were yelling at each other in the middle of the road. eventually my driver got back in the car and yelled something at me that i didnt understand fully but assumed it was him telling me i had to get out and catch a different taxi. he pulled over to the side of the road and i climbed out. in the middle of the freeway. it took about 10 minutes before someone stopped and picked me up! holy stress! and my neck hurt to top it off.

i didnt really leave enough time in my plan for this and make it to the airport in time! i manged to check in right at cut off and sat in the boarding lounge. i took some aleve for my neck and hoped for the best...

the plane ride was less eventful, thank god, and by the time we landed, my neck felt fine.
i caught a taxi to the bus terminal, bought my ticket and some lunch and was on the road by 2pm.

i arrived in playas at 430 and abbi was waiting for me at the bus stop :) we walked home, i unpacked and then we headed to the store to get stuff for dinner.

we still havent cooked anything and its now 930pm. its just too hot to eat. now we dont have to shop tomorrow at least and we can concentrate on beach time!

im glad to be back here at the house and i think abbi is glad to have some company again. the time apart was good for us!
tonight i'll start book number 4! who knew i liked to read so much ;)

until tomorrow, ciao for now.

No comments: